- Make-up Class for March 5th's "Recognizing a Green Built Home".
April 16, 2019
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- September 17, 2019
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
HomesUSAAlliance Certification hosted at Ebby Halliday
Green building is the hottest term in new home construction today, but what is green building? If you ask 100 people, you may get 100 different answers. The only supportable definition of a green built home is a home that has been built, tested and certified to meet the requirements of a recognized green building program.
When a builder’s sales agents tell you, “This is a green built home”, your first question should be: “Under what program was the home tested and certified and can you provide the supporting documentation?” If the sales agent cannot give you a positive response and provide documentation, then your client is not buying a ‘Green Built Home’.
This is not to say the builder is not using some green building products. They most likely are, but it’s important to understand that green building is not a single product, amenity or construction practice. It is a whole house approach to building that maximizes your client’s value in the home while minimizing the impact of construction and home ownership on the environment.
This course is designed to equip agents with the expertise to properly address the subject of Green Building as it relates to residential construction.
Successfully completing this 2-hour course teaches agents:
- The knowledge to understand what makes a home ‘Green’, and why some homes only claim to be ‘Green’
- The various Green Building programs, including those unique to certain home builders and/or geographies
- The knowledge of Green Certification and why it is important
- The knowledge to communicate advantages of Green-Built homes to prospective buyers
- How to sell the value of Green Building
Provider Number: 10211
TREC Number: 33668
Credits: 2 CE Credits
Instructor: Barry Hensley
Time: 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Location: 4447 Sigma Road, Dallas